What would it be like to be a real weather person - not just someone who reports the weather, but someone who can actually control it? Well here's your chance. Using our Interactive Weather Maker, you'll be able to turn a sunny day into a windy day. Or create a rainy day. And if you create the correct conditions, you can make a blizzard - complete with a whiteout
Even as you control the weather, there are still two rules you have to follow:
- The temperature towards the poles (either north or south) must always be less than the temperature towards the equator.
- The maximum difference in the two temperatures is 70 degrees.
Other than that, you can make whatever kind of day you like just by moving the humidity slider and either of the two temperature sliders.
Investigate How Weather Is Made:
Follow these steps to get extra insight into how weather works:
- Using the Weather Maker, observe the effects of certain changes.
- Gather data: how much of a change in temperature is needed to make it snow?
- Start investigating why changing individual conditions cause a specific change in the overall weather.